[OU] Opera "prefetching" downloads

Juri Chervinski j.chervinski at gmx.net
Tue Jul 11 21:53:30 UTC 2006

Hello everybody!
Is there any way to stop Opera from "prefetching" downloads? I.e., when I'm choosing a download at samsung.com, for example, Opera starts to download it in the background even before I have really ordered it to do so. Try it out (remember to activate the progress bar, to see what is happening):
This feature is quite useful, of course, to save time, but it can be annoying if you have traffic-based internet access...

And a second issue: when landing on pages that require a plugin which I don't have, I always get a beautiful message informing me, but I get no information whatsoever concerning WHAT plugin I need. Is there a way to find out - except guessing? Or should simply find and install ALL plugins available out there ? ;-)

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cheba

My Opera details:

Version
9.00

Build
8501

Plattform
Win32

OS
Windows 2000

Java
Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.5

XHTML+Voice
Plug-in not loaded