[Opera-Linux] file handle issue in Solaris version of Opera 9.10

Stefan Urbat stefan.urbat at apastron.lb.shuttle.de
Thu Feb 8 19:44:42 UTC 2007

We have encountered this limit from time to time ourselves in our
development company, here is the phenomenon:

I restartet Opera with two windows, each of them containing a lot of tabs.
I could see around 80 threads running in the session restauration phase,
and on the console there were messages like unable to open file. As result
some tabs of the browser remained blank (no restore from session cache
possible).

Since Opera is on Solaris a 32 bit software (which is needed to support
some usual plugins, like Flash and Adobe Readers' plugin), the maximum 256
open file handles by one process is in this case obviously exhausted.

Hope you will handle this --- extreme --- case by any measure.

--
Registered GNU/Linux-User #169380 on http://counter.li.org/