[Opera-Linux] Opera 9.10 - problems with flash9 final

Eirik Byrkjeflot Anonsen eirik at opera.com
Thu Feb 8 08:20:32 UTC 2007

Zaromil Tisler <l2zt at gmx.at> writes:

> On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 09:17:55 +0100
> Eirik Byrkjeflot Anonsen <eirik at opera.com> wrote:
>
>> When you have only a grey background where a plug-in should be, it
>> means that somehow or other the plug-in has stopped working.  Usually
>> it means that flash has crashed.
>
> I got following messages:

> (process:3224): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2254: initialization
> assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function
>
> (process:3224): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_clipboard_get_for_display: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
> Adobe FlashPlayer: gtk_clipboard_get(GDK_SELECTION_PRIMARY); failed. Trying to call gtk_init(0,0);
> opera: Plug-in 3224 is not responding. It will be closed.
> opera: Define environment variable OPERA_KEEP_BLOCKED_PLUGIN to keep blocked plug-ins.
>
> (process:3231): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2254: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function
>
> (process:3231): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_clipboard_get_for_display: assertion `GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
> Adobe FlashPlayer: gtk_clipboard_get(GDK_SELECTION_PRIMARY); failed. Trying to call gtk_init(0,0);
>
> I opened only three sites that use flash (opera 9.10)

Yes, flash uses gtk for some reason.  Probably because adobe thinks
that only gtk-browsers are worth supporting...

There are two messages from opera in there, though.  And they say that
the plug-in is not behaving well.  So to keep it from freezing opera
and/or eating all machine resources, we kill it.

(Technically, "not behaving well" in this case means that the main
loop has not had runtime for a long time (20 seconds, I think).  Most
likely, this is because a function call to the plug-in haven't
returned.)

eirik